Try This… Yin Yang Breakfast!
By: JP Severin
I have been exposed to a lot of new ingredients as a result of the move to Santo Domingo. Platanos, green bananas, and coconut milk are just some of the things that are used like the uses Hamburger Helper, Lucky Charms, and mac n cheese. With that in mind, I have spun a boring classic and made it my own…
Tons of triathletes eat oatmeal to the point where it has become a religion. I am fully on board and would scream about how much I love it from the mountain tops…yet even oatmeal isn't perfect. WE MUST HAVE PROGRESS! So here it is, Dominican style. It is crazy good…
I am falling asleep just looking at this boring bowl.
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- cook oats on stove by adding water, oats, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut milk and raisins
- cook until slightly less than desired thickness as it will thicken when it cools
- serve on a plate (on one side oatmeal, on other side yogurt)
- sprinkle peanuts over the plate
- Load up for your long ride and get out the door
The mix of cool yogurt and hot oats makes for a delicious, creamy, and harmonious meal… Enjoy!