Team Evotri is please to introduce our newest member and winner of our 2012 Making The Team contest, Matt Inch.
Matt was one of three finalists picked from a pool of over 25 fantastic video applications that explained why Evotri, why him and if he could "Evotri." As a finalist, Matt endured an interview by the team. But we had one more question for him. Click on the play button below to hear it and his answer:
Not only is Matt the newest member of Team Evotri, but he gets outfitted with the following gear from the team's awesome sponsors:
- QuintanaRoo will provide a top-of-the-line CD0.1 frameset with innovative shift technology that will undoubtedly take your bike splits to a new level.
- Zipp Speed Weaponry knows just how to outfit a frame like the CD0.1 with a 404 front and 808 rear wheel set.
- SRAM will add to the bike with its latest cockpit and drivetrain components.
- CycleOps finishes the bike off with its cutting edge SL+ wireless PowerTap hub and Joule 2.0 computer.
- HUB Endurance puts it all together providing a full year of expert triathlon coaching to deliver the newest Evotri athlete to the top of their potential in 2012.
Here's a bit more about Matt:
Matt’s entrance into the sport of triathlon came his freshman year of college where he came in with a strong swimming and running background. It didn’t take long for him to start making a name for himself on the Michigan State Triathlon Club, his childish acts and foolish comments seemed to constantly turn heads, for better or worse. He exploded onto the scene with some impressive performances before multiple injuries had him eating candy and donuts heckling others from the sidelines. It was then he realized his second calling: coaching.
He currently lives in Redmond, WA and is living the dream, volunteer coaching for a local high school cross country team. After racing in multiple Ironmans, surviving the big island of Kona in 2011, and consuming enough candy and donuts to satisfy his armchair quarterback lifestyle. He is now looking to again entrench himself in the multisport way. He strives for the most out of himself and those close to him each and every day and looks forward to continued success in the sport. Matt longs for the day he gets to exact his revenge on the big island.
In case you haven't seen it, here's Matt's video application:
Congrats again to Matt! We look forward to having you on the team. Stay tuned for a longer interview with Matt to be posted in the next few days.